We still need to comply with the following guidance given by the AMCA.
We have had to make changes to our club rules to enable us to run trials during the Covid-19 pandemic. The rules below must be followed to enable us to hold the trial safely.
- Riders and officials must observe social distancing in accordance with current Government guidelines, this includes the paddock area, and at the sections at all times.
- Any rider or official that is experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 should respectfully stay away, and self-isolate in accordance with the current Government guidelines.
- Riders must bring their own PPE. (Gloves, face coverings, hand sanitizer etc).
- Spectators are respectfully requested not to attend trials until further notice.
- Rider entry on the day will not be allowed. All forms to be returned at least 1 week before the trial. Payments to be made into the club’s bank account, we will email you once we have received your entry to confirm your entry and that payment will be required.
- Entry numbers will be capped, dependent on the parking space available to maintain adequate social distancing.
- Only riders from the same household should travel to the trial in the same vehicle.
- Strictly no riding before the trial starts. We will hold a rider briefing, conforming to social distancing rules, before anyone is allowed to ride anywhere, including in the paddock area.
- After the rider briefing riders will be split into small groups, that will start at different sections so that there is no overcrowding at a section.
- Riders are required to follow all instructions. Riders will be asked to leave where rules/ instructions are not followed.
Riders will not be allowed to observe each other, so before the trial can go ahead we must have a guaranteed eight observers. Please let us know if you are able to bring an observer ASAP, if you can you will be given free entry to the trial and given preference in the entry list.
The trial is open to entries from anyone who is a current club member, or was a member in 2019.
To enter the trial you will need to download an entry form using this link, complete the form and email it to email@example.com , before midnight on Friday 11th September. We will email you after this date, to let you know if your entry has been successful. Payment will then need to be made electronically into the club’s bank account; we will send you the bank details if your entry is accepted. The entries will be accepted on a first come, first served basis, the entry will be limited in number, so get your form in early. If the entry limit is exceeded then a reserve list will be created in case any one drops out.
Photos taken by John Wilkinson from North Ormsby 23/8/20
The club is looking for help in setting out trials on the Saturday before the event. Club members who are experienced in marking out trials could do with a hand with marking out the sections and clearing overgrown areas so different new sections can be set.
Even if you could only help out at one event per season it would be appreciated, although if you can do more all the better.
If you can spare a few hours the day before a trial to help mark out sections please see Colin Thompson or ring him on 01469 540678, he is organising a rota of volunteers for this seasons events.